International Business Trainers is dedicated to increasing the profitability of its trainees and clients by enhancing their ability to expand their businesses into foreign markets.
Through results-oriented workshops, breakout sessions, keynote addresses, and consulting services, we apply our knowledge in a way that inspires participants to take action globally. Using proprietary tools and resources, we replace a lack of knowledge of how to expand globally (and sometimes fear of the unknown) with useful ideas, actionable strategies, step-by-step plans, and confidence that "I can do this!"
Dave Archer, President and Lead Trainer, is a Certified International Trade Professional and won a Global Traders Award in 2005.
He has generated millions of dollars of sales in over 38 countries for the past 18 years, and has delivered Export Training programs – in both English and Spanish – around the world. He is an Adjunct Professor at Laurentian University, and has written and co-authored numerous articles, handbooks, and textbooks. As an international trade expert, he has been interviewed on a number of TV and radio programs, and in print media worldwide.
Some of the industries Dave has been directly involved in include:
- Equipment and machinery
- Consumer products
Dave has trained thousands of people on how to do business internationally. He is joined by a group of associates with deep, specific experience and knowledge in their respective technical specialties in international business, resulting in the capability of IBT to train and consult in virtually any area of international trade.
IBT can provide highly experienced trainers who are qualified to provide results-oriented training on:
- Training the (International Business) Trainer
- Managing international distribution channels
- Selecting and managing an international sales force
- International market research
- Global sourcing
- International finance
- Global networking
- Culture and relationship building
- International law
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Global logistics
- Customs compliance (Canada & USA)
- Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO)
Customized programs can be developed upon request.
Dave won an Ontario Global Traders Award in 2005, and developed the Crash Course on Exporting™ and Export Checkpoint™ international sales models, which provide an easy-to-apply framework for selling internationally.
He is a Faculty member of Georgian College (International Business Management Studies Graduate Program) and Laurentian University (Business Degree Program) in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and has delivered international trade training programs, keynotes, and guest speaking appearances – in both English and Spanish – in a wide variety of venues including:
- Forum for International Trade Training (where he recently co-authored a textbook)
- Economic Development Departments in numerous locations
- Government agencies and NGOs in Canada, the USA, Mexico, and Honduras
- Toronto Board of Trade
- Numerous universities, colleges, trade events, conferences, and train-the-trainer programs
- TV interviews in Canada, India, and Honduras
"Our team is driven by a commitment to helping people and companies to increase their success, growth, and profitability by doing business internationally."
- Dave Archer, President